Monday 1 October 2012

Baking with Aldi


As a lot of my readers will already know I have recently got into cake making and decorating, So when Aldi asked if I wanted to try out some of there baking range I couldn't wait.
When my parcel arrived I was very excited and got baking right away, The first thing I made was a Madeira cake, It was so easy all you needed to do was add water and oil to the mix and then it was ready to cook 50 minutes later and I had a very yummy Madeira cake.
The Madeira cake can be made either by hand or in a bread maker and you can by it for £1.49 and not only is it a great price but you can also get it in ginger, carrot and chocolate fudge flavour.

The next thing I cooked was the bread, Now I always used to make my own bread in a bread maker but then that packed in so I started doing it by hand but found it to much of a pain, That was until I tried the bread mix from Aldi, I was surprised at how quick and easy it was, You only needed to add lukewarm water and then it was ready to mix and then knead and stretch for just 2 minutes and then leave it to rise for 30-40 minutes before you put it in the oven to cook for 30 minutes, This is definately the quickest bread I have ever made. You can buy the bread mix for just 79p.

After making the bread I got started on an apple pie, I'm not a huge fan of apple pie but this pie filling from Aldi tasted so nice I even ate seconds, What was even better was how quick it was to make, Now I made my own pastry but you can buy some ready to roll pastry from Aldi for just 99p and the apple pie filling only costs 99p too so you can have a really nice cheap desert for all the family to enjoy.

And last but not least I got stuck in with the Marzipan, ready to roll icing and coco powder, I decided to use these all on one cake, The coco powder I added to butter icing I made to put on top of a cake and then I rolled some marzipan and icing and cut out some shapes to place on top of the cake, It really added some extra tastes to the cake that all the family enjoyed, You can buy the ready to roll icing for £1.39, the coco powder £1.99, Sadly I don't have a price for the Marzipan but I'm sure it wont cost that much.

All these Items are available from 20th September until stocks last and I really can't see that being to long, As after trying out all of these I popped into my local Aldi's and stocked up on lots more.

No comments:

Post a Comment